During these uncertain times, we would like to assure all of our clients and partners that Fairmount Title Agency remains open and fully operational. We’re following the guidance of the Governor and doing whatever is necessary to keep our team healthy to continue to serve you.
We’d also like to update you on a few developments in the world of real estate transfers as it is a developing and volatile situation.
- At this time we are still closing real estate transactions to the extent the government allows.
- The City of Cleveland is still processing certificates of disclosure, but they are delayed more than a week and the backlog could grow longer as city hall works a reduced schedule. At this time, this is the bottleneck we are experiencing with many transactions.
- The Cuyahoga County Fiscal Officer is still processing real estate transfers received by mail or through a drop box in their lobby. As a result, there may be a delay in transferring and recording.
- Our underwriter, First American, has given us permission to continue to close transactions affected by recorder’s office closures.
- We will soon offer remote online notarization from our office for clients through the NotaryCam platform. Unfortunately, banking KYC/AML laws prevent us from executing loan transactions online for borrowers at this time, but this may change soon with coming federal emergency legislation. Sellers may sign via remote online notarization in most cases.
We have taken the following precautions to protect both our clients and staff against the spread of COVID-19. We ask that you abide by these restrictions.
- No admittance to the office building will be permitted without an advance appointment. Appointments are only granted if there is an immediate need to meet with the client face-to-face. For all other business, we ask that documents be dropped in the lobby or the mailbox or the matter be discussed through phone or email.
- Employees only will be permitted in the inner offices.
- Maximum use of e-signing platforms for signatures, including remote online notarization.
- We are operating with minimum staff in the office, able to transition to a 100% remote work environment at a moment’s notice should the need arise without interruption of service.
We remain ready and able to provide guidance and assistance to you as needed. We look forward to continuing to serve you through this uncertain time. If there are any concerns we can help to further clarify, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via phone at 216-777-2095 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and stay well.